- Very Water Resistant
- Non-Stinging to Eyes
- Hypoallergenic & Fragrance-Free
- Ophthalmologist Tested
- Easy Pump & Go
Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen Lotion contains Titanium Dioxide, recommended for children’s sensitive skin for broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection from sunburn and skin damage. The gentle formula is long-lasting and very water resistant to keep up with active kids. The convenient pump dispenser makes application fast, easy and less messy for the whole family. 12 FL OZ (354 mL) – SPF 50
Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen SPF 50 protects against the sun and comes in a convenient family size for all your outdoor adventures. The pediatrician-tested lotion has a tear-free formula and won’t sting sensitive skin. The pump bottle holds 12 ounces so it’s great for families with multiple children to use on a daily basis.
Broad-Spectrum Protection with SPF 50
Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen SPF 50 provides protection from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. It’s water resistant so you can have fun in and out of the water. The lotion is pediatrician tested and recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation.
Tear-Free, Sting-Free Lotion
Your child will appreciate the alcohol-free formula that won’t sting skin or eyes. The lotion appears white upon application so it takes the guesswork out of making sure all areas of the skin are covered. It’s fragrance free and is specifically formulated for children.
Large Bottle with Pump Applicator
Ideal for daily use or for families with multiple children, the family size bottle contains 12 fluid ounces of lotion. The pump applicator is mess free and locks with a simple twist. Remember to apply 20 to 30 minutes prior to outdoor activity, even on cloudy days.
What’s in the Box
Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen SPF 50 Family Size, 12 fluid ounces.
What is SPF?
The sun protection factor, or SPF, is a multiplier that tells you how much longer you can stay in the sun than normal without burning your skin. If your child can tolerate 10 minutes in the sun without a burn, an SPF of 50 will provide 50 times that length of time, or 500 minutes of protection without burning.
What are UVA and UVB rays?
Both UVA and UVB rays cause damage to your skin. UVA rays are the main cause of skin aging and wrinkling, while UVB rays cause burning. Both contribute to the development of skin cancer. For the best protection, use a sunscreen with broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
It’s cloudy outside–why does my child need sunscreen products?
UVA rays are present throughout the year and can penetrate glass and clouds. They account for up to 95 percent of UV rays on the Earth’s surface. UVB rays vary by season, location, and time of day and are strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. in April through October.
How often should I reapply?
For maximum protection, reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming, excessive sweating or towel drying. Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen SPF 50 is water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
Why can’t I use an adult sunscreen on my child?
Children have more sensitive skin than adults. All Banana Boat products for babies and children are pediatrician tested and are gentle on the skin.
Are there any other Banana Boat sunscreen products recommended for kids?
Yes, Banana Boat Kids SPF 50 Sunscreen Stick is ideal for spot application around the ears, nose, and eyes. There are also tear-free, continuous spray options if you prefer the spray method of application.
1. No matter how old we are, we should protect our skin from the sun. Recent studies have shown that we get 25 percent of sun damage before we’re 18. Source: http://www.skincancer.org/sunscreens-explained.html
2. Apply sunscreen on your kids at least 20 to 30 minutes before they race outdoors, whether it’s a cloudy or a sunny day. Banana Boat UltraMist Kids Tear-Free Sting-Free Sunscreen Continuous Lotion Spray is a fast and convenient way to get them covered before they slip away.
3. Make sure to reapply sunscreen frequently, at least every two hours, and more often if children are dipping in and out of the pool, ocean or lake-or running through the sprinkler.
4. Little ones, especially babies, become dehydrated more easily than adults. When outside with the family, always have extra drinking water on hand.
5. Remember that children imitate their parents. If they see you putting on sunscreen, they are more likely to cooperate when it’s their turn.
6. Make sunscreen application a part of the daily routine. That way you’re likely to encounter fewer struggles, and you’ll be teaching your kids a life-long healthy habit.
7. If your child falls asleep during that lunchtime picnic or while out on the beach, apply one or more of the following protection solutions. First, spray them with an easy-to-use sunscreen like Banana Boat UltraMist Kids Tear-Free Sting Free Sunscreen Continuous Lotion Spray. Then, either provide them with some shade, which offers 50% protection from the sun, carry them inside, or cover them up.
8. Sun protection can be easy with Banana Boat Sunscreen Kids Stick SPF 30, which is great for covering those vulnerable spots like ears, nose and under-eye area.
9. Always use products designed specifically for the sensitive skin of babies and kids. The Banana Boat brand babies and kids line are all pediatrician-tested, most are as mild as water, and some are Tear-Free.
10. Teach your children that the sun is to be celebrated and respected all year round! By taking a few simple precautions during every season, they can enjoy a lifetime of magnificent rays.
List Price: $ 11.99
Price: $ 9.44