- Country of origin: USA
- Please read all label information on delivery.
The perfect balance between the latest research and age-old wisdom
This completely revised and expanded second edition of the classic reference work arms you with the latest information on the extraordinary healing powers of natural medicine. Michael Murray and Joseph Pizzorno, two of the most trusted naturopathic doctors in the world, have teamed up once again to bring you cutting-edge natural remedies for the most common ailments.
Easy to understand, a pleasure to read, yet scientifically well researched and documented, this is your complete health adviser to the natural approach to over 70 diseases, from arthritis to varicose veins. In addition, this life-long reference offers important information on:
·The four cornerstones of good health and how to achieve them
·How to enhance your body’s key systems
·How to promote good health and increase longevity
Authoritative and up to date, the Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine is the essential medical reference no home should be without.Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine weighs three pounds and nine ounces, has 946 pages, and is as informative as it is hefty. The authors are naturopathic doctors–they focus on promoting health and treating disease with nontoxic, natural therapies. Naturopathic medicine follows these seven principles:
- Do no harm: use safe, effective, natural therapies.
- Nature has healing powers: the physician’s job is to enhance the body’s natural power to heal itself.
- Identify and treat the cause: find the cause, rather than just suppress the symptoms.
- Treat the whole person: administer to the patient’s physical, mental/emotional, spiritual, and social sides.
- The physician is a teacher: educate and motivate patients to take more responsibility for their health.
- Prevention is the best cure: health-supporting life habits prevent disease.
- Establish health and wellness: increase the patient’s positive physical and mental state.
This book shows you how to improve your health through a positive mental attitude, healthy lifestyle, health-promoting diet, and supplements, with plenty of practical tips. Learn disease prevention through enhancing key body systems. The bulk of the book details natural remedies for treating more than 70 ailments. Each includes symptoms, description, therapeutic considerations (with discussion of studies), and a treatment summary, including nutritional supplements and botanical (herbal) medicines. If you have a disease, this book will give you a valuable perspective on natural treatments. If you’re well, it will give you many pointers for maintaining and enhancing your health. –Joan Price
List Price: $ 26.00
Price: $ 11.95