Extreme Winter Swimming #2
Image by Andrey 747
Murmansk, Russia | Air -15°C / Water 2°C
This is me swimming on the 28th January 2012 in the Lake Semyonovskoye, Murmansk, northwestern part of Russia.
Ten Tips for Winter Swimmers
1. Always bring a friend.
2. Warm up your muscles before you go into the water.
3. Let your body cool down after the sauna and before you go into the water.
4. For your first time, just take a quick dip.
5. Dress warmly after the swim.
6. Drink warm beverages and enjoy yourself.
7. Never go into the water while sick or under the influence of intoxicants.
8. Wear a wool hat or knitted cap, gloves and special shoes if necessary.
9. Never jump in the water headfirst.
10. How many times you go into the water, how long you stay and whether you do it after the sauna or not are all individual choices. You should listen to your body to learn what works best for you.
Source: © 2012 Suomen Latu